Thursday 15 March 2012

uditya goswami


Although actor Udita Goswami has done few films as part of her B-Town stint, her Bollywood repertoire fetched her sobriquet of 'bold and the beautiful', nonetheless.
This Dehradun girl has constantly been in the news; be it for her bold roles, her relationship status or her support for social causes. After creating a storm at the BO with her debut movie Paap and films like Aksar, Aggar, Zeher and Chase, Udita recently tried her luck at the BO with Diary of a Butterfly.
Ask her about the long break that she had taken from the big screen and she says, "People keep telling me that I have taken a long break and I was not in news. But actually I have been busy all this time. I am regularly making appearances at some show or the other. I am also writing my own script which I will even be co-directing and act in."
About doing thriller movies constantly, she goes on and adds, "After my first few movies, I did feel that I have been typecast in thriller/suspense movies. And I never wanted to do any multi-starrer movie. I don't want to do a movie where I have four scenes and one song. I like to be the queen in the film. It should revolve around me."
Udita spent three months in the US meeting a lot of celebrities. Ask her about her Hollywood plans and she says, "People saw my pictures with Denzel Washington and other Hollywood celebs. I heard of the news doing rounds that I have moved to Hollywood. But that is not true. I would never shift my base to the US. I love my dogs too much to leave India!"
But when the topic steers towards promotions of movies, Udita clearly states that she does not enjoy this promotion process at all. "Promotions have become very important. And I do like meeting new people and interacting with them. But I do not like this entire promotion process; it's like you are trying to sell something. I don't like it when people are imposing on me and I just have to talk about the work that I am doing."
Udita, who was in a relationship with director Mohit Suri for seven years, has strong opinions about love and relationships. She says, "My advice would be, never to extend a relationship for too long without some sort of commitment. People start taking you for granted after a point of time. Either get married or do not stretch your relationship. Just leave the person."
With two actresses sharing the screen space, catfights are bound to happen. But with Udita, it is a different case altogether. She avers, "The glam industry changes a person completely. But I am a very honest person with no pretenses. I have been the same person that I always was even after doing movies. And I bonded with Sofia Hayat (on the sets of Diary of a Butterfly) very well. I can say now that she is a friend I have in the industry. Unhe yahan ki hawa nahi lagi hai,aur shayad completely lagne bhi nahi wali."

No comments:

Post a Comment